Boogie Shoes


I made the classic mistake of packing the entire contents of my closet 2 weeks before we actually move into our new place. This obviously limits my wardrobe, forcing me to go out and buy a bunch of new ensembles.
I'm starting with shoes!

I needed a good neutral shoe for Summer, so I bought these...

Forever 21 $24.99
Ross $18.99
Ross $16.99
I should have stopped there. But I didn't.

I found these comfy wedge sandals at Burlington Coat Factory for the friendly price of $9.99 and bought a pair in every color.  (The strap on the silver ones already broke (trashed, not pictured), but don't fret. I got my money's worth and wore them a bunch!)


I also bought some flat sandals at Kohl's and Ross (yes you heard me correctly FLATS... I'll need some hiking appropriate footwear for Maui in August)

Then I needed some versatile black, gray (super trendy this season), and white basic options, so I got all four of these from Ross for under $20 each. And a silver bonus pair from TJ Maxx.  Winner!!!






Summer has arrived fo sho in the South and lately I've escaped the scorching 100+degree heat by seeking shelter in the oh so welcoming and, more importantly, oh so air conditioned, shopping malls.  Last week me and my friend Katie had a girls only shopping day that started at the world renowned Texas renowned, best ever Tanger Outlets in San Marcos. It was heavenly. I found some practical footwear at the Nine West Outlet for a not quite as stellar price as Ross Dress for Less... introducing the camel brown collection: A little bit 70's birkenstock-ish, but I love 'em!  Don't judge, they don't photograph well!


After our stint at the outlets (and a boatload of bare escentuals treasures- for mama of course :) our trip ended with a super splurge at IKEA just north of Austin. I go completely cRazY in that store and am convinced they put some kind of swedish crack in their meatballs that makes innocent shoppers want to buy everything on display in their adorable little show rooms. No, just me. OK.


My new curtain collection and a plethora of other treasures courtesy of Ikea.
 Aside from furniture and home decor, my favorite thing to buy has to be shoes.  I love them! I'd marry them if I could. That sounds ridiculous, but honestly the only other thing I love as much as shoes is weddings. So it's really not that far-fetched at all.

Speaking of shoes and weddings, these are the blingtastic sparklers I scored last night at Ross and plan on wearing to my friends' wedding next month.
They're spectacularly shiney like disco balls, hence the name "boogie shoes"  Not so sure I'll be able to get my boogie on in these heels, but they were way too fun to pass up.

Happy Shoe Shopping!!!

Comments