Something Adventurous: Dove Hunting

**This post written by Andrew**
 This week's Something Adventurous in San Antonio involved a very un-Californian activity: Hunting doves. Thankfully this was a guys only trip so I didn't have to deal with Brenda's tears when the poor, innocent doves were shot... just my own (joking!) Afterwards I reassured her that they weren't the pretty, white doves they release at weddings and she was alright with it. I guess Brenda's standard for whether a bird lives or dies is based entirely on it's looks. It's a good thing I'm not a fan of pet birds. And anyway I'm pretty sure someone is going to eat them. I don't remember who, but they shouldn't go to waste.
I went with my friends Matt, and his dad, Bob, and DJ (pictured below)
Arriving at the ranch
DJ and me shooting clay pigeons
Looks here like DJ is reliving his active deployment days
Matt and DJ

Don't worry, the only "birds" I'm shooting are made of clay.
 

 

 Matt was the only one in our group who triumphed and shot an actual bird.

All in all it was a very fun day of shooting things and eating meat. I felt very manly.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!