28

Today is my birthday.


It's hard to tell in the picture, but I'm wearing the same exact outfit!
It helps that I've only grown 6 inches in the last twenty something years :)

The more things change, the more they stay the same!
Hmm, that sounds like something old people say. am I twenty eight or 128?

Oh well, at least I've still got my cute purple beanie.
I've decided it's timeless.
Not the case with many of my other 80's paraphernalia...


Let's review, shall we?
The attack of the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini
I promise I'm wearing bottoms, you just can't see them under all the voluptuous rolls.
 Sunning at the beach in Rhode Island in the Summer of 1984
Cruelty. Pure cruelty.

80's tastic side pony and large bangle accessory

The "slip" dress... makes a comeback every decade,
but is definitely a fashion flop.

Let's just refer to this as big crimpin' and move on.

And lastly, my favorite 80's accessory... the heart sunglasses.
I actually still love these and am now making it my goal to
bring them back in style this year. It's on <3 <3 <3 !!!

And now for some birthday words of wisdom:
My dad once told me that "the older you get, the faster time goes by."
Turns out he was right.

{Except in the case of waiting in line at Ross. That's when time stands still.}
And so there I shall be, in my magic time machine, at Ross Dress for Less.

Comments