Spring Cleaning



Why is it so hard to part with stuff?

Not shopping this little month of February (minus a minor slip up at the Banana Republic outlet in San Marcos on Saturday; I found the cutest belt!) has caused me to take a good hard look at all the stuff I already have. And, more importantly, all of the stuff I don't really need. I am by definition a "packrat" (not hoarders status, but it's definitely in my DNA.)  And being a pack-rat means I keep everything... I only recently got rid of my VHS collection and portable cd player. For reals. I don't know why I like stuff so much, I guess it stems from always wanting to be prepared. Prepared for a natural disaster, prepared for cold weather, prepared for an awesome 80's party (that's where the vhs come in handy.) 

But I'm discovering that stuff = stress... Why do I have all this junk? Where am I going to put that? Too much clutter! I'm ready to simplify and I'm starting in my closet with a little early spring cleaning. I'll let you know how it goes...




Comments