hair-tastrophe

By now I know not to expect much from DIY hair dye. But the cheapskate in me defaults to the $6 for 2 boxes every time.

My natural hair color is... Well, I don't know anymore because I've been coloring my hair since high school. If I had to guess I would say it's a light brown. But my roots are darker, so to match the roots I dye my hair medium brown and it fades back to normal after a few weeks.

You might think after dying my hair medium brown last week that it would be brown. You would be wrong.

First it turns black.  Not dark brown, BLACK. {Wednesday}
 
Then a couple days later after washing, it turns a reddish brown. {Saturday}


Soon it will be a rusty red.
Alaska 2012
Then I will dye it again.

You would think I'd learn my lesson by now, but no. This is not even my biggest hair disaster. Every 3 or 4 years I get this crazy thought in my head that I should go blonde. Lots of women can pull off blonde and they look amazing like Kate Hudson or Reese Witherspoon.

Truth: I am NOT one of those women.

This is not to say that I look all that great as a brunette. I actually haven't found my perfect color yet.
I just know blonde is not it. Unfortunately all photographic evidence of this prior to a couple years ago has been destroyed could not be located. I do, however, have a few pics from the Summer of 2010 which was the last time I thought I could pull off yellow hair.
 
Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, and Ashley's 26th birthday. We both got bit by the blonde bug :)
 
I made an appointment at a real hair salon in a couple weeks for a haircut and highlights.
Now I need to figure out a new style. Should be fun!
 

 Maybe I should try hot pink like Katy Perry? 

kidding.

Comments

  1. You might be bored (and not surprised) to learn that my hair has been the same color since birth... that said, I am partial to brunette colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!