Prehistoric Stonehenge

Disclaimer: *This post has nothing to do with dinosaurs or those big rock formations in England*
 
Prehistoric Stonehenge is a paint color.
It's the color of this dresser.

And everything else in my room...

Originally I painted all of our bedroom furniture this color to match the crown molding in our last apartment. Oh how I miss that beautiful molding. Stupid boring walls!
You can see a piece of the crown molding here. Also me and Ashley a couple Halloweens ago.
 
It's kind of a green greige (gray beige) color and it's only $16 for a gallon of it at Wal-Mart. I picked it up the same day I picked up all the stuff to paint my nails in my last post. Hindsight being what it is, I probably should not have done my furniture painting projects AFTER applying acrylic nails, but what's the fun in that?!
 
I touched up my old dressers and repainted the gray one below. I switched the bottom drawer out for baskets in the dresser on the left after the drawer broke. Furniture falling apart is a hazard of moving so much. But moving so much is the reason I won't invest in quality furniture. It's circular reasoning but it means I have more money to spend on shoes so it's all good :)

I wanted to incorporate more gray because it is my favorite home décor color right now, but it turned out too harsh when I tested it on this dresser. It looked like pewter.
 
I never do anything in moderation, so while I was waiting for the prehistoric Stonehenge paint projects to dry I also spray painted a bunch of random things a nice glossy white.
 
Now glossy white: the curtain rods in my bedroom, the legs on my lilac chair, lamp posts, mirrors, picture frames, vases, and planted pots.
 Yeah, my house smells great right now! Well, I would imagine it does but I can't tell because I have a pounding headache from all the paint fumes.

 

Comments

  1. Oooh...that is a rather fabulous paint color!! Now I want to find something to paint... also I have this can of glossy bright turquoise spray paint left over from a Christmas craft and it calls my name every time I pass it in the garage...but seriously NOTHING in my house goes with bright turquoise...major bummer, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't considered it already, you should totally be an interior designer! I am very impressed with your decorating skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In recent times, as stress levels get higher
    and higher more and more people will be victims of chronic diseases.
    Well, you'll be able to determine so, aside from organic foods, can also getting ex back. It comprises of high amounts of healthy fatty acids, fibers and Essential Fatty Acids EFA s.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; web site

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!