Couch Potato

This is the most accurate portrayal of the last week at our house...

{Me and Maddie glued to the TV and to the couch}
 
I did manage to get dressed and go to work each day, and there were shopping trips and dog walks. But mostly I was busy catching up on this:
 and this.
Andrew was sick with a cold, but he was still a lot more productive than me.
He has been writing papers (per usual), preparing for his qualifying exam in April, and communicating with colleges in San Diego to get teaching jobs lined up for the next school year. Hooray for employment!
 
It wasn't all work and no play for Andrew, we also watched a bunch of the movies that were nominated for Academy Awards including Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, and Lincoln. I think Les Mis was still my favorite movie of the year, but Silver Linings and Argo were really good. Lincoln was long. The Bin Laden movie was long and mostly boring. Life of Pi was pretty, but kind of a downer. Honestly after watching that, plus the Carnival ship disaster, I don't know when I'll feel up for my Mediterranean cruise. Ugh. First world problems!
 
The Oscars were... eh.
Why so long? I guess I normally watch them in California when they're over much earlier. The two hours in the middle just dragged. No offense to the "technical" award winners, but y'all don't put much effort into your Oscars attire and are taking up precious screen time. My favorite looks were obviously Jessica Chastain in that gold Armani gown. I loved her in The Help. And Amy Adams always looks flawless. Jennifer Lawrence looked a bit bridal, but very pretty. Most of the dresses were just ok. Normally I love Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, but this year they looked like they were going to the prom. 
And what the what Anne Hathaway?
 
If you know you're going to win, you've got to dress the part. Please tell me Rachel Zoe was not responsible for that hideous nipple dress. There had to have ben better choices on the rack. On any rack. Even Nordstrom Rack.  
End rant.
 
Guess I'll get back to my cozy spot on the couch, where I am currently sporting yoga pants, a sweatshirt, and a disheveled sock bun. Clearly I am the ultimate authority in fashion :)

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see that you and Maddie are both properly accessorized for an evening of laying on the couch! Totally agree about the Oscar fashion- in some years, J-Law's dress would have been the best thing there, but there were so many good ones this year that I just passed her off as being a (beautiful) bride. And I was very underwhelmed by Jen Aniston and Reese- way too prom-y! And let's not even discuss Anne's nipple dress. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super glad to know that at least sometimes you wear sweats on the couch… that first picture made me feel really guilty about my normal couch potato attire. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!