Hello Monday

Hello sleepy.
We didn't get home from the concert in Austin last night until after 1.
Getting up for work this morning was not a pleasant experience.
 
But the weekend of concerts was super fun!
 
Andrew and I used to go to concerts all the time in high school and college, but in the last few years we've I've gotten over it. The lines, the sweaty, stinky people (myself included), the deafening noise, the being out all night, the expense, the pain- my feet kill for days afterwards from standing for hours on end. But every once in a while we think, "Hey it might be fun to go see so and so." We used to listen to Airborne Toxic Event (photos above) when we lived in San Diego (they're from LA) and they have some good songs. This one is my favorite. They put on a good show.
The opening act, Kodaline was really good too.  (Here they are on the Late Show) 
They're a few Irish lads with a Coldplay/Radiohead-esque sound.
But I have definitely gotten the concert bug out of my system.
 
Hello to being a tired, cranky, old lady who is decidedly not going to another show for at least a year. {Unless Switchfoot or Weezer go on tour again, then all bets are off.}
 
Hello May.
 
 
The month of travels!
3 years ago in May we did a Mexican cruise, 2 years ago in May we went to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Cleveland, and last May I went to Cabo. This May it's South Padre Island and the East coast. May is a notoriously awesome month of vacations... and not just for us; Andrew's parents are going to Maui next week and my parents are going to Cancun for 2 weeks. I don't know who to be more jealous of  happy for :)
 
Hello sweets.
And 30 days of eating healthy officially went out the window!
 
Hello Round Rock Donuts.
Hello meeting up with our good friend, Jesse, in Austin.
 
Hello Ikea
and their "low maintenance" greenery... among other treasures I found :)
Hello I couldn't keep a plant alive to save my life and so it's back to faux flowers.
 
Hello Boggle
My new favorite game on my kin kin. High score: 136. {toot toot my own horn!}
 
Hello gold
new kindle case ($5.99 at Ross) and glittery nail polish
 
Hello Andrew's last class (ever?!)
at UTSA tonight. He still has final exams and term papers and that whole dissertation thing, but we gotta celebrate the small victories, right?
I recently set him up with a little office upstairs (read: moved his crap important literature stuff out of the living room.)
 
Hello to-do list
and crossing the fun stuff off first.
 
Hello to a big bowl of popcorn and Dancing with the Stars tonight.
Hope your week is off to a great start!

Comments

  1. I like how you did all the fun things on your to-do list first!! Also...JEALOUS of your families' vacations!! Maui or Cancun...tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "to do" list cracks me up! And girl, 1am, are you crazy? I was asleep by 10:30 and I still thought about killing everyone who spoke to me this morning for a solid two hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!