Texas, it's not me, it's you

Hey! Just checking in to let y'all know we're still alive. Full on packing mode has commenced. Our living room looks like Armageddon. And now I have that stupid Aerosmith song stuck in my head. Oy. In addition to all the packing craziness, we have people coming over constantly. I'm convinced our property manager knows precisely what time(s) of day is the absolute most inconvenient for strangers (potential renters, but serious... stranger danger!) to come tour our house. It's like "Aw, crap now I have to put pants on" and while scrambling to look presentable, which apparently just means clothed in these parts, we are hustling to hide all our moving boxes and keep Maddie entertained and quiet. Before you get your panties in a bunch, I feel you should know that it's Summer and it is hot. I have packed most of my wardrobe so I have limited options. I'm also a midget, so a long t-shirt could double as a dress-ish. On a related note, there will be no "What I Wore Wednesday" posts for a while! You're welcome.

It isn't all chaos and "Dude, where's my pants" over here. After we got back from Houston Will stayed with us for a few days and there was much eating of Tex Mex and BBQ. There was also some Super Mario Bros action. Big surprise, Andrew is dragging his feet packing up the video game arsenal.

Last night we said goodbye to most of our San Antonio friends and watched the Spurs game. Confession: I don't know anything about basketball except that Andrew is a Laker's fan. And I only know who Tony Parker is because he was briefly married to Eva Longoria. They got married the same day as us (07-07-07) Turns out it was a luckier day for us. I learned that I like football more than basketball because at least football has a half time show. I guess basketball has one too, but it's not televised.

No biggie, the kids entertained us plenty with puppet shows and an impromptu "How many of us can fit on Andrew's back" contest.

We're gearing up for another yard sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed it won't be raining. The forecast has said 10% chance of rain everyday and it has rained everyday this week. It's almost like Texas is crying because we're leaving. Sorry Texas, it's not you, it's me. No wait, it's you!

Comments