5000 miles

I have had the song "I'm Gonna Be" by The Proclaimers stuck in my head for the last week and a half. Why, you ask? It's not because I actually walked 5,000 miles, but it turns out that I have driven approximately that exact distance in the last 6 weeks.

I don't even want to talk about it! 
But I will anyway.

On Monday afternoon I received a phone call from the school district I work for in San Diego about attending an orientation for CELDT (California English Language Development Testing) on Tuesday morning. We weren't planning on going to San Diego until later in the week, but it was a great opportunity and meant that we had to pack up our car and head on the road within a couple hours. Long story short, we got to San Diego at midnight on Monday and I worked everyday the rest of the week from 7am to 4pm... including Thursday, the big moving day. Hooray for income after 3 months of Summer, but boo for not being able to supervise our move. Just wait til I show you the picture of what I came home to that fateful afternoon... an unpacking-pocalyspe of sorts!

Yesterday we drove back up to Pismo Beach to pick up all the stuff we left here in our hurried departure, including my car, our dining set, and Maddie Bear. Today is another bridal shower for my sister, Shakespeare in the Park, followed by another long drive back down to San Diego so I can make it to work tomorrow morning.

I promise to post pictures of our new place as soon as I can, but I have seriously spent more time in my car than I have in our apartment. In 2 weeks we're driving to Las Vegas and in 3 weeks we're driving back up here for my sister's wedding. These are all fun things, but when will it end?! I just want a freaking nap!!! And maybe a jumbo jet.

Comments

  1. Ahhh! Sounds totally nuts! And what is this, a blog with no pictures? Have you been hacked?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Stay classy, bloggers!