Pasadena and the weekend

Saturday morning Andrew and I drove a couple hours north to Pasadena where we spent the day with his parents. We went to the Huntington Library which included beautiful gardens, several art museums, and an amazing library full of authentic historical documents.

 I couldn't believe how gorgeous the gardens were, especially in November.
I'll have to come back in the Springtime to see everything in bloom.


So beautiful! I enjoyed just driving around the neighborhoods in San Marino. We got to see the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade House and several other suitable abodes.
It turns out San Marino is one of the most expensive zip codes in the country.
Also on that list...  Coronado Island in San Diego. My favorite!
Mansion taste on an apartment budget... such is life :)
 
We also spent some time at the Hotel Langham where Andrew's parents were staying.
On our way back home we stopped to shop in Anaheim near Disneyland, drove by downtown LA at sunset, and ate dinner at the Irvine Spectrum Mall.
 We miss Texas BBQ, but the tri-tip at Wood Ranch is delicious.
 
Sunday we hiked Cowles' Mountain, the highest point in San Diego city limits.
In unrelated news, as I'm sorting through the pictures I see that Andrew wore the same outfit all weekend. Guess it's time to do laundry! 

Comments