Summer Break


My students' end of the year party.
School's out, but I'm still working hard.  Friday I stayed really late moving classrooms and yesterday I spent the whole day setting up bulletin boards and organizing the library. I'm so excited to have a classroom library! Nerd alert :) I feel like a real teacher now! 
New classroom to set up

A few bulletin boards

Today I attended a reading seminar and learned all about phonics and word recognition. Here's me and my 1st grade team with the amazing Nancy Fetzer (she designs reading curriculum for elementary schools.)


I am so ready for a Summer vacation, but there's still so much more to do to get ready for the next school year. There's all this fun stuff I want to buy for my class, but it'll have to wait, especially since I don't get a paycheck in the Summer (boo for being a temporary/probationary/non-tenured teacher.) This is the year I'm learning a little too late about setting up a budget. Oh well, at least money isn't part of 1st grade math anymore so I don't have to think about it!  Andrew is working everyday at the Institute of Reading Development. So much for teachers having Summers off!

Here's hoping we get some more beach days in.
 


 

Comments