What the What?

So y'all remember from this post that we haven't really watched TV in the last few weeks and are completely out of the loop as far as world news goes. It's actually been kind of refreshing, though I do miss my Real (fake) Housewives. 

Well, we just checked into our fancy suite (insert sarcasm here) at Motel 6 in Tucson and turned on the news to discover that Casey Anthony was found NOT GUILTY of murdering her 2 year old baby Caylee.  I find this news to be very disturbing based on my understanding of the evidence. I am definitely not the ultimate authority in determining who is guilty or what the heck "reasonable doubt" means or what kind of punishment is deserved for such a horrific crime. But I am disappointed and deeply saddened nonetheless because it appears that there is no justice for Caylee.

Everyone has lots to say about the verdict of this case (and I have some very strong feelings as well), but Romans 12:19 (NIV) comes to mind as I reflect on the outcome of the trial:
"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord."

I have no idea how someone could murder an innocent child, but I find peace in the knowledge that Caylee's soul is with our heavenly Father and that He will judge whoever is guilty.

Comments